[LLVMdev] How do I disable --version-script when cross compiling clang/LLVM on a Mac?

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Sat Dec 21 17:33:01 PST 2013

On 12/21/2013 05:21 PM, Alp Toker wrote:

> On 21/12/2013 22:51, Richard Pennington wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I asked this question a few days ago and didn't get any responses. I
>> thought I'd try again with a little more detail.
>>
>> I am trying to cross compile my clang/LLVM based ELLCC cross
>> development tools project (http://ellcc.org)
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> Nobody replied because your question lacks immediate relevance to this
> mailing list.
>
> You may have more luck if you pose your question in a way that relates
> to, and can be tried using stock LLVM/clang.
>
> If you think there's a bug, you can also file a bug report at
> http://llvm.org/bugs/ including the steps needed to reproduce the issue.
>
> Feel free to CC me in, hope we can set you in the right direction.
>
> Alp.

Hi Alp,

I hope you don't think I was whining about the lack of response, I
wasn't. This list has always been extremely helpful. I understand that
my use case is a bit out the norm.

I was just hoping that someone more familiar with the clang/LLVM cross
build rules might be able to shed a little insight. I suspect that there
aren't too many people using clang/LLVM to cross build for Linux on a
Mac. The normal cross build on a Linux box for another Linux target
works just fine.

-Rich