[LLVMdev] Requiring a transformation pass to run before an analysis pass

Tristan Schmelcher tristan_schmelcher at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 21 11:00:10 PST 2013

I'm writing an analysis pass that doesn't handle unreachable basic blocks
very well. I would like to simplify my code by requiring that a DCE pass be
run first to remove unreachable basic blocks. Ideally I'd like to express
this requirement to the LLVM pass system so that the transform will be
added automatically when my analysis pass is required by some other pass,
but it's not clear to me if that's possible and/or allowed. Is it mandatory
for all analysis passes to handle all legal LLVM IR?