[LLVMdev] Switching to the new MingW ABI

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 21:37:58 PST 2013

> Attached is a patch that fixes all the test failures I saw due to
> printing out the thiscall attribute on types.
>
> Do we want to land this now, or wait until the thiscall switch is
> actually flipped for MinGW?

Maybe combining the patches would be the best?

It is funny, I had never tried check-all on mingw. I just did and
found some codegen errors, mostly when we look for

call void @foo

and get

call x86_thiscallcc void @foo

The only interesting exception is the conversion of lambdas to blocks
which fails with the x86_thiscallcc. I wouldn't call this a blocking
issue since I don't know of any use of blocks on windows.

Attached are the combined patches: My original ones + your fixes +
codegen test fixes.

Are they OK?

Cheers,
Rafael