[LLVMdev] Switching to the new MingW ABI

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 17:18:22 PST 2013

Mingw switched abis with the release of gcc 4.7
(http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/changes.html). The main change is that now
mingw (like msvc) given thiscall calling convention to methods by
default.

I think the last bug blocking us to support the new abi has just been
fixed. The question now is how to switch.

The attached patches simply switch llvm and clang to the new ABI. This
is similar to what gcc did on 4.7. The timing is also good as we will
not build with 4.6 anymore when we switch to c++11.

Is anyone depending on targeting the 4.6 mingw ABI even after we drop
support for building with 4.6?

Cheers,
Rafael