[LLVMdev] DebugInfo: DW_AT_GNU_ranges_base in non-fission

Eric Christopher echristo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:48:38 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like we only attach the GNU_ranges_base to skeleton CUs, and
> never use the attribute under non-fission. Is that right? It's not
> obvious to me why we'd want to only include this under fission, but I
> admittedly don't fully understand it anyway.

So we're not particularly using it correctly at the moment (given that
it was relatively undocumented and I had word of mouth when
implementing it), but the basic idea is that relocations to the range
sections will be based off of a single relocation rather than have a
bunch of them.

It's not necessarily fission only, but it hasn't been standardized yet
and is a bit of an experiment and still undergoing revision. I can
disable it/command line if you think that's appropriate as well.

-eric