[LLVMdev] PTX generation examples?

Larry Gritz lg at larrygritz.com
Fri Dec 6 11:34:02 PST 2013

I have an app that uses LLVM API calls from C++ to generate IR and JIT it for x86 (for subsequent live execution).  I'm still using the old JIT, for what it's worth.

I want to modify it (for prototype/experimental purposes for now) to JIT PTX (into a big string buffer?).

Docs are sketchy.  I can wade through it and figure it out by trial and error, but would be so very happy if somebody could point me to code or docs addressing all the issues I'll face: how to find out at runtime if the libLLVM I'm linked against can generate PTX, how to change the initialization or JIT commands to request PTX rather than x86, anything I need to know about differences in the IR I should present, etc.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

--
Larry Gritz
lg at larrygritz.com