[LLVMdev] llvm backend tutorial

gamma_chen gamma_chen at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Dec 5 16:59:53 PST 2013

Yes, I will.

Jonathan

Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org> 於 2013/12/6 (週五) 12:27 AM 寫道﹕

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the enormous effort in making this tutorial.

I was reading through the material yesterday, and I am able to clearly
follow the examples.

Are you planning to keep this updated with llvm revisions ?

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

On 12/5/2013 7:25 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing an llvm backend tutorial through my learning process of llvm backend study and implementation. Web as follows,
>
> http://jonathan2251.github.com/lbd/index.html
>
> It include 10,000 lines of sources code for
>
> 1. Step by step, create an llvm backend for the Cpu0 which beginning from a CPU design for school teaching purpose in system programming.
> 2. ELF linker for Cpu0 which extended from lld.
> 3. elf2hex extended from llvm-objump.
> 4. Cpu0 verilog source code.
>
> With these code, reader can run the generated code from Cpu0 llvm backend compiler, linker and elf2hex and see how it run on your computer.
> The pdf and epub is also available in the web. It is a tutorial for llvm backend developer but not for an expert.
> It is also can be a material for those who have compiler and Computer Architecture book knowledge and like to know how to extend the llvm
> toolchain to support a new CPU.
>
> Jonathan

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation