[LLVMdev] llvm backend tutorial

Jonathan gamma_chen at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Dec 5 05:25:54 PST 2013

Hi,

I am writing an llvm backend tutorial through my learning process of llvm backend study and implementation. Web as follows,

http://jonathan2251.github.com/lbd/index.html

It include 10,000 lines of sources code for

1. Step by step, create an llvm backend for the Cpu0 which beginning from a CPU design for school teaching purpose in system programming.
2. ELF linker for Cpu0 which extended from lld.
3. elf2hex extended from llvm-objump.
4. Cpu0 verilog source code.

With these code, reader can run the generated code from Cpu0 llvm backend compiler, linker and elf2hex and see how it run on your computer.
The pdf and epub is also available in the web. It is a tutorial for llvm backend developer but not for an expert.
It is also can be a material for those who have compiler and Computer Architecture book knowledge and like to know how to extend the llvm
toolchain to support a new CPU.

Jonathan