[LLVMdev] Empty files ending up installed

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:03:30 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I have found following empty files that get installed (v3.4rc2) :
>
> docs/llvm/html/Dummy.html
> include/clang/Driver/CC1Options.h
>
> What is the story behind them? Or were they just forgotten?

Dummy.html is there because when I finished the docs conversion to Sphinx,
there were no remaining HTML files in docs/, which caused the existing
`make install` of the autotools build to error out because it looked for
HTML files (I don't use the autotools build so I didn't notice the issue;
Dmitri is the one that fixed it with the Dummy.html hack). I tried properly
fixing the situation (generating and installing the Sphinx docs), but my
build-system-fu is very weak and I never finished that.

Btw, the CMake build isn't any better in this regard. It doesn't even try
to install docs :P

-- Sean Silva