[LLVMdev] Disabling certain optimizations at -O1?

Evgeniy Stepanov eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 02:44:32 PST 2013

Could we move this setting to function attributes?
We already have OptimizeForSize / MinSize there, but not the other opt
levels. We also have OptimizeNone, which seems to be completely
unused.
This would let us support __attribute__((optimize())) in the future,
which is currently ignored.
Another example would be an LTO link of objects compiled with
different optimization settings. I'm not sure if anyone would want
this in practice.