[LLVMdev] Reflexions about a new HDL language

Jonas Baggett jonasb at tranquille.ch
Fri Aug 30 02:43:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

For the synthesis backend which translate to VHDL or Verilog, I don't
know if I will use LLVM. It will depend on how easy it is to play with
concurrent statements with LLVM. For the simulation I will use LLVM
because I can anyways artificially make the compiled code sequencial. It
would allow me to benefit from all the nice things from LLVM like
existing optimisations. I have never used LLVM, I just read a litlle the
documentation and the tutorial.

Cheers,
Jonas