[LLVMdev] How to gather data dependences

Valmico valmico88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 11:53:49 PDT 2013

Hello, thanks to your advices now my pass is on good way (i hope), but i've
faced one problem that i cannot solve by myself:
Running all these passes (-basicaa -mem2reg -simplifycfg -loop-simplify
-loop-rotate -simplifycfg -instcombine -indvars -da) helped a lot, but now
i'm unable to find dependencies that are outside of the loop. f.eg. code
like this returns no dependencies (and no store/load instruction at all).

int nonLoopDep( int A, int B, int C ) {
    A = B + C;
    B = A / C;
    return B;
}

I've figured out that removing -mem2reg and -instcombine helps a little but
it reports more dependencies than it should and also it messes up looking
for dependencies inside loops completly.