[LLVMdev] [brlcad-devel] Clang vs. gcc for building BRL-CAD

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 08:50:15 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> I'll see if I can try it with gcc 4.7 soon
>>>>

>  That has uncovered a slew of errors not caught with gcc 4.4.5 or
>>  clang 3.3.

Attached is a list of the gcc-4.8.1 warnings from a trunk rev 56916 build
(made into errors) that, for some reason, don't show in a debug build
(looks like compile flags may be different but I'm not sure at the
moment--need to dig into BRL-CAD CMake environment some more).

They look like legit problems but I haven't tried to fix them.

Best,

-Tom