[LLVMdev] Clarification between <type> and <ty> for alloca instruction

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Aug 15 11:40:31 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 04:12:13PM +0100, Tim Northover wrote:
> > I've obviously being playing with C++ too long because my
> > instinct immediately told me that dynamically sized arrays on the
> > stack are't allowed but apparently that's fine for C99 (g++ also seems
> > fine with this is you don't specify -pedantic)
>
> It's all fun and games until someone decides to evaluate sizeof(arr). ;-)
>
> I think a more limited form is coming to C++11, by the way.

Hi Tim,
I believe standard support for dynamically sized arrays is in the C++14 draft. But
sizeof(arr) still will be a compile time computation, so it won't be supported
in C++14 either.

enjoy,
Karen
--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb