[LLVMdev] lit support for Python3

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Wed Aug 14 13:08:58 PDT 2013

Hi all,

In the past there was some interest in having lit supporting use with
Python3, which had become the default on some Linux distributions.

I've been working on this recently and as of r188398, the LLVM/Clang tests
all run and pass on my system with Python 3.3. There are still some quality
of implementation issues to iron out, and there may be problems with
lit-based tests in other repositories.

If anyone is interested in this support, I'd appreciate it if you changed
your setup to use Python3 for running the tests and let me know (or file
bugs) for any issues you find.

Thanks,
 - Daniel