[LLVMdev] creating new llvm project?

Du Toit, Stefanus stefanus.du.toit at intel.com
Wed Aug 14 08:01:06 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-13 5:04 PM, "Stephen Checkoway" <s at pahtak.org> wrote:

>On Aug 13, 2013, at 4:51 AM, David Chisnall <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk>
>wrote:
>>Getting CMake up to the standard where it supports a superset of what
>>autoconf supports is required for dropping autoconf
>
>Is there a list somewhere of what autoconf supports that CMake does not
>(and that people care about)? It could be that people simply don't know
>what's missing since, as you point out, those using CMake don't need
>those features.

This is a recurring topic on this mailing list; the most recent thread
about it is here:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2013-May/thread.html#62351

I'm not aware of a single place where all the discrepancies are
documented, but that thread contains some summaries of what's missing.
I'll leave digging those out as an exercise for the reader...

Stefanus

--
Stefanus Du Toit <stefanus.du.toit at intel.com>
Intel Waterloo