[LLVMdev] lets make Akira Hatanaka the code owner for the Mips target

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Mon Aug 12 08:02:23 PDT 2013

I propose that we make Akira Hatanaka the code owner for the Mips code
generator.

He has worked on the Mips code generator for four years now and done
high quality work that whole time.

He is the key person inside of Mips for reviewing patches and giving
advice to other developers regarding new Mips work.

To assure the future quality of the Mips port, I think it makes sense to
formalize what is already true inside of Mips, to the larger community
that may contribute to Mips.

We have licensees with their own variations and extensions and there
will be other people wanting to make changes to the Mips code generator
outside of Mips.

Richard Sandiford has held this position for the gcc Mips port for many
years and it has helped greatly to make that code generator solid.

Reed