[LLVMdev] llvm cmake build option ((enable-experimental-targets=R600)) question

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Aug 11 05:58:23 PDT 2013

greetings

I am new to this list.

I have recently  compiled llvm-3.3 from sources.  My machine has these:

--cpu -amd64
--os- clbfs 64bit  -linux3 series kernel
--C/C++ compiler -modern versions gcc

 My  preferred build tool is cmake.

llvm is needed for MesaLib and the autotools build of llvm allows this
option:-
--enable-experimental-targets=R600
( for example described here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/llvm.html )

I have been unable to locate a equivalent option in the CMakeLists.txt in the
base llvm-3.3 directory

I have also searched the llvm cmake documentation  here:-
http://llvm.org/releases/3.3/docs/CMake.html

to no avail.

The closest I have seen is this option
-DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD

unfortuntely  the documentation does not elaborate if these targets include
"experimental-targets=R600"  as per the autotools build.

So in a nutshell I would be grateful for some advice on how one enables this
option in a cmake build of llvm-3.(2,3,4)

thanks in advance

yours sinceelly
luxInteg