[LLVMdev] [global-isel] Proposal for a global instruction selector

Steve Montgomery stephen.montgomery3 at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 9 08:36:50 PDT 2013

I thoroughly agree that a more configurable instruction selector is desirable and that DAGCombine's canonicalisation results in less than optimal instruction selection for some targets, such as the microcontrollers I'm working on.

I'd be happy to contribute effort to this task if and when it comes to pass.

Steve

On 9 Aug 2013, at 00:18, Jakob Stoklund Olesen <stoklund at 2pi.dk> wrote:

> I am hoping that this proposal will generate a lot of feedback, and there are many different topics to discuss. When replying to this email, please change the subject header to something more specific, but keep the [global-isel] tag.
>
> Thanks,
> /jakob

[snip]