[LLVMdev] PNaCl Bitcode reference manual

Dan Gohman dan433584 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:19:58 PDT 2013

Hi Eli,

Recently, I proposed some changes to LLVM to do more lowering of illegal
types (like i128 or i17) and other things within the LLVM IR layer, and the
proposal was roundly rejected by the LLVM community:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2013-April/061567.html

PNaCl is essentially doing what my proposal described. How do you expect to
reconcile the community's desire to avoid doing lowering on LLVM IR with
PNaCl's design that is built on doing lowering on LLVM IR?

Dan