[LLVMdev] LLVM3.2 Backend for mips1 subtarget

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 03:37:26 PDT 2013

On 26 Apr 2013, at 11:27, Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail.com> wrote:

> My guess is he wants mips1 so that he doesn't have to worry about the
> patented mips instructions?

We want MIPS IV for this reason.  Currently, I believe asking for mips64 gives MIPS IV (at least, I haven't found any cases where it doesn't).  If this changes, then I will start adding predicates to the MIPS instructions to explicitly enable a mips4 mode, but most of the changes from MIPS IV to MIPS64 are in the FPU (vector stuff), which is already conditional, and in specifying the CP0 interface, which is relevant to operating systems but not compilers.

David