[LLVMdev] LLVM3.2 Backend for mips1 subtarget

Feng Liu liufengcse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 19:03:54 PDT 2013

Hi Everybody,

I'm working a project which requires assembly code for mips1 architecture
for simulation purpose. I checked the latest LLVM3.2 version and found that
the backend has been removed. I tried to replace the MIPS backed in LLVM3.2
by the old one in LLVM2.9 (which contains mips1) and adjust some routines
to get the backend compiled. However, when llc is used to generate the
assembly, there are some internal faults such as very large physical
register id in the register allocation phase.

Would anyone to give me some suggestions to bring the mips1 backend to the
latest LLVM version in this case? Thank you very much!

Best,
Feng