[LLVMdev] GSoC project questions.

Alex L arphaman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 10:46:06 PDT 2013

> You may want to check the later versions of the standard also to check if
> some of your proposal is not deprecated there.

I had a quick check with 2008 standard, and I'm pretty sure that all of the
stuff that I chose is there, although a lot of it has various additions and
changes.

The most important thing in the Fortran standard is the array support and
> it is a big task by itself. In my opinion, the I/O part is not the most
> important thing yet it is an enormous task. Usually, the Fortran routines
> are used externally in other computation and I/O is done through other and
> more efficient layers.

This information will definitely come in handy as I'm still discovering the
industry standard usage patterns and practices for Fortran. Thanks for the
support!

Are expression parsing and AST implemented?  What about type representation?

Bill implemented parsing and AST for a lot of expressions, covering a good
bit of what's needed. The statements and declarations not so much, but a
there's a lot of really helpful high level overview functions and various
utility functions. There was a lot of work for type representation as well,
but there's still some stuff to do in that area, especially for records,
arrays and various constraint checks.