[LLVMdev] LLVM JIT Questions

Dmitri Rubinstein dmitri.rubinstein at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 23 05:24:58 PDT 2013

Hi all,

For my current project I need a couple of informations about JIT. I seen
similar questions already, but the answers are a bit older and I hope
somebody can provide me a recent information.

1. In my project I frequently construct LLVM IR, compile it and execute
with JIT. Because the constructed IR is often the same (but can vary
depending on input data) I would like to cache produced machine code on
the disk. There is no JIT API for dumping and loading of compiled code.

Are there any plans to add this feature in the near future ?

How complex would it be to implement this for somebody who has only
experience with LLVM code generation, but no deep knowledge of JIT
internals ?

2. I also need to interface with C-libraries which are either loaded as
a shared library or pre-compiled with clang and loaded as BC file.
However, LLVM does not provide a way how to construct function signature
compatible with the C-ABI of the specific platform. I know that clang
library has internally this information, but I need this functionality
without clang.

Is there any documentation which describes how to do generate C-ABI
compatible LLVM functions or code that implements this functionality ?

Thanks,

Dmitri