[LLVMdev] GSoC project questions.

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 07:00:51 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Alex L <arphaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your support.
> I wrote my draft GSoC proposal, it can be viewed here -
> https://gist.github.com/hyp/5434845
> Please read it and tell me what you think. Any criticisms or suggestions are
> welcome!

Hello Alex,

> I plan to make flang a fully featured frontend which fully supports Fortran 77

I might be wrong (I'd love to be wrong here!) but I think this is a
bit too ambitious.  Given that you have to write tests *as you
implement the features*, handle corner cases (and one has to actually
discover corner cases from the standard, if one is not familiar with
Fortran) and produce diagnostics for invalid code, I don't think it is
possible to implement all of the frontend + codegen within 12 weeks.

Dmitri