[LLVMdev] llvm 'select' instruction

lyr338 lyr338 at 163.com
Sat Apr 20 06:24:04 PDT 2013

I am not sure what situation is. Your c code in llvm travel as:
     |    clang       |    IR build    |    combine ...   |               isel                     |     ...               |
 c code    ->     IR      ->       DAG       ->       DAG            ->        DAG(machine relative) ----> machine code
                        I                    II                                                                  III
situation I: you need to aviod 'select' in IR?
     -> Maybe you need to chang the 'clang';
situation II: you need to aviod 'select' DAG node?
     -> you can focuse on IR build;
situation III: you need to aviod 'select' machine instruction (your ISA relative)?
     -> you can add pattern for 'select' node, to map for your own instruction.