[LLVMdev] Any value in pre-simplifying the DAG?

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Thu Apr 18 09:12:37 PDT 2013

On 18/04/13 09:07, Duncan Sands wrote:
> If the front-end can do the simplifications simply and cheaply, then it
> may be a
> win to have the front-end do it, since significantly reducing the
> complexity of
> the initial CFG may speed up LLVM's optimizers.

This is my primary concern now is speed. LLVM is doing a nicer job at
simplifying than I could, but I think the endless repetition of these
switches is likely slowing down the process. Most of the knowledge is
completely transparent thus there's nothing really more that I know at
the high level.

I'll do the really cheap things and cleanup what I can to reduce the
size, but otherwise I'll just let LLVM do the hard work. ;)

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.