[LLVMdev] How to retrieve IntToPtr from StoreInst?

Jun Koi junkoi2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 07:56:21 PDT 2013

hi,

i am writing a simple LLVM pass to analyze the Store instruction.
my pass derives from InstVisitor class, and the method to handle Store
instruction is like this:

void MyPass::visitStoreInst(StoreInst &I) {
}

It is pretty simple to handle Store. however, in on test i got an
instruction like below:

  store i8 %tmp5, i8* inttoptr (i32 301959828 to i8*)

the second operand is "i8* inttoptr (i32 301959828 to i8*)", and i have no
idea how i can retrieve the address 301959828, given the StoreInst argument
of visitStoreInst.

i am looking in the the code of LLVM, but still fail to see how to extract
this information.

any suggestion is very appreciated. i am really struggling here now ...

thanks so much.
Jun