[LLVMdev] [vmkit]Problems when modifying J3

Julien Pagès julien.projet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 08:25:40 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am currently working with vmkit (especially on J3) for a student project,
I want to made some experimentations on J3.
I see in the file lib/j3/VMCore/JavaClass.h that if I want to add some
attributes in the class JavaClass I must change a few thing in
LLVMRuntime/* and in JnjvmModule.cpp.

But JnjvmModule.cpp does not exist anymore. So my first question is : what
is the equivalent of JnjvmModule.cpp right now ?

Secondly, I also want to add attributes in class JavaVirtualClass. When I
do I immediately got this error :
vmjc: JavaClass.cpp:492: j3::JavaObject *j3::Class::doNew(j3::Jnjvm *):
Assertion `this && "No class when allocating."' failed.

I tried to change offsets in the class (like getDepthIndex(),
getOffsetIndex()) but I still have this error.

Do you know what I must change to fix this ? Maybe that I forgot to made
the changes in another file like with JavaClass ?

Thanks,

Julien