[LLVMdev] GSoC project questions.

Alex L arphaman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 09:34:43 PDT 2013

Thanks for your replies.
Working on the lfort compiler would certainly be an interesting project for
me for this GSoC. I have studied lfort repository and commits, and I see
that it has a lot of stuff for C/C++, am I correct that this is a fork of
Clang? If this is correct, I wonder why this approach was chosen instead of
starting out from scratch - is it because Clang already has a lot of code
which can be reused for the Fortran compiler? I'm also unfamiliar with
Clang and I was a bit overwhelmed when I saw the lfort repository at first
because of this. If I were to work on this project, would I be required to
use the Clang code?