[LLVMdev] How to call the llvm.prefetch intrinsic ?

Jimborean Alexandra xinfinity_a at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 10:43:23 PDT 2013

Hello,

Can anyone please guide me how can I replace a load instruction with a prefetch. I was looking at the intrinsic creation methods of the IRBuilder, but I can only find functions corresponding to memset, memcpy and memmove intrinsics, not for prefetching.

Also, I target x86-64 architectures. Is it sufficient to insert a call to the intrinsic in the LLVM IR to have the corresponding prefetch instruction generated for this target?

Thank you for your help,
Alexandra