[LLVMdev] Loop-specific optimizations

Tim Besard tim.besard at elis.ugent.be
Fri Apr 5 02:48:29 PDT 2013

Hi Ralf,

> we at Saarland University are working on something similar to what you
> are describing. In principle, we enhance Clang by an attribute that
> allows to specify what transformation phases should be run on the
> annotated construct (currently functions, compound statements, or loops)
> and in what order.
That definitely sounds interesting. Do you add these attributes to the
bytecode, or how does opt decide which transformations to apply? This
because our approach, attaching metadata to loop latches, is quite
fragile; loop latches can easily get destroyed or transformed during
optimization.

> Will you be at the LLVM Euro Conference? We will have a lightning talk
> and poster on the topic there.
Sadly no, I missed the call for participation. Are the talks going to be
videotaped, or will proceedings be published? Or could you, if possible,
send over a working paper or something similar?

Thanks,
--
Tim Besard
Computer Systems Lab