[LLVMdev] RFC: Bug fix releases for 3.3 and beyond

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Apr 3 12:08:42 PDT 2013

On 4/2/2013 11:51 AM, Tom Stellard wrote:

> I would really like to see the LLVM project start to make official bug fix
> releases (e.g. 3.3.1, 3.3.2, etc.).  I think that this would be useful for a
> lot of the users of LLVM, especially projects that use LLVM as a library.

Does this really make sense with a 6 month release cycle for the main
releases?  Who are the customers who would be able to request a dot release?
Each additional bugfix release carries a significant cost.  Who is going
to be investigating bugs in prior releases, especially if the problem
can no longer be reproduced with the development branch?

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation