[LLVMdev] [Announcement] 3.3 Release Planning!

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Apr 3 02:07:44 PDT 2013

On 1 April 2013 22:05, Bill Wendling <wendling at apple.com> wrote:

> We would like to support ARM again.

Hi Bill,

Glad you asked! ;)

I'm getting the test-suite bot green (a few minor tweaks and we're good)
and that should get us well ahead of what we've ever been on ARM. Though,
bootstrapping seem to fails a few check-all tests. I'll look into that as
soon as the test-suite bot is fully green.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same things, the requirements for
release are:

* Green direct check-all (clang-native-arm-cortex-a9 bot, green)
* Green direct test-suite (clang-native-arm-lnt bot, almost green)
* Green self-host check-all (no bot yet, some failures, will look into it
next)
* Green self-host test-suite?
* Anything else?

I don't want to have this for release-only, but as continuous integration.
Though, I hope it'll be good for all future releases.

It's probably best to produce the binaries on a Cortex-A9 (Panda ES), since
they're the most common target and the binaries work quite well on A15s.

Sylvestre,

If we do end up creating ARM binaries for the general public, your input
and expertise will be greatly appreciated! ;)

cheers,
--renato