[LLVMdev] Inline ASM Problem

Zhoujinguo zhoujinguo1988 at yahoo.cn
Tue Sep 25 06:13:10 PDT 2012

Dear Ciao, Duncan,
I am using linux--Intel X86-64. Do I need to implement an asm parser for LLVM JIT myself or there exists some tools for it? Thank you.
BestAndy
Hi Andy,

On 25/09/12 14:19, Zhoujinguo wrote:
> Sorry that I have implemented nothing for it.

inline asm won't work without an asm parser, which is something that knows how
to turn assembler strings like "mov %eax, %ebx" into opcodes, i.e. the numbers
which, when placed into memory, cause the processor to execute the
"mov %eax, %ebx" operation.  After all, an "inline asm" means an assembler
string like "mov %eax, %ebx", and for lli to JIT that, i.e. transform it on
the fly into opcodes for the processor to execute, some kind of asm parser
is clearly needed.  If there isn't one for your processor then someone will
have to add one...

  aget is not my own project which
> is a public project of paralell "wget".

By "target" I didn't mean the kind of program you are trying to JIT, I mean the
hardware (processor) you are running lli on.  Is it intel (x86, x86-64), ARM,
something else?

Ciao, Duncan.

  I only want to use it as a common