[LLVMdev] mips16 puzzle

Owen Anderson resistor at mac.com
Thu Sep 20 23:03:22 PDT 2012

Reed,

It's not clear to me that you need to do anything special here.  If you define your MIPS16 register class as not containing SP, then any MIPS16 instructions that get selected and want to read from SP should get a COPY inserted from SP to a MIPS16 vreg.  The coalescer should, ideally, get rid of extraneous copies for you.

--Owen