[LLVMdev] How to use MCJIT by default for a target

Alastair Murray alastairmurray42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:19:45 PDT 2012

Hi David,

On 18/09/12 11:21, David Tweed wrote:
> in particular there are some regression tests of interesting things
> -- such as profiling -- that fail purely because the default old JIT
> doesn't work.

I've actually got LLVM currently compiling within an ARM QEmu install to
look at an assert within the ARM JIT code.  Profiling tests that I
submitted a few weeks ago are failing on ARM build-bots (assert in lli),
perhaps this is what you are referring to.

If I can verify that the tests pass when using MCJIT is there any
interest in fixing it?  Obviously if they still break with MCJIT there
is something which definitely needs fixed.

All I really know so far is that when using profiling metadata a
pseudo-instruction is generated which the ARM JIT does not support.

Regards,
Alastair.