[LLVMdev] Label address (taken with blockaddress) not exported to .s

Yiannis Tsiouris gtsiour at softlab.ntua.gr
Mon Sep 17 09:59:04 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I recently updated my LLVM tree and I have a strange issue with the use
of blockaddress. The LLVM file that I try to compile is [1].

I do:

> llvm-as test_ba.ll
> opt -O2 test_ba.bc -o test_ba_opt.bc
> llc test_ba_opt.bc

In r159116 (committed in 24/06/2012) I get (in the end of the .s file):

	.type	table_closures, at object  # @table_closures
	.section	.rodata,"a", at progbits
	.globl	table_closures
	.align	8
table_closures:
	.quad	.Ltmp0
	.quad	.Ltmp1
	.size	table_closures, 16

While in r164026 (committed in 17/09/2012) I get:

	.type	table_closures, at object  # @table_closures
	.section	.rodata,"a", at progbits
	.globl	table_closures
	.align	8
table_closures:
	.quad	.Ltmp0
	.quad	1
	.size	table_closures, 16

i.e. One label address is not properly exported in the table.

Is there something wrong here? Or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Yiannis

PS: Sorry for the poor testcase but I couldn't reduce it anymore. I'll
try harder and post again if that's needed.

[1]: https://gist.github.com/3738404

--
Yiannis Tsiouris
Ph.D. student,