[LLVMdev] Dominance frontier & Postdominance frontier

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 13 08:30:25 PDT 2012

On 9/13/12 10:18 AM, Sahoo, Swarup Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I found that LLVM 3.1 says Dominance frontier is deprecated. Can
> anyone please tell me, if there is any replacement for Dominance
> frontier & Postdominance frontier in LLVM? What are the options if we
> need to use them?

You may want to read this thread on llvmdev from August:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2012-August/052682.html

Marco's reply mentions an alternative algorithm in Muchnick's compiler
book.  I believe the algorithm in Section 7.3 of Allen and Kennedy uses
the post dominator tree only.

-- John T.