[LLVMdev] PDB debug info

Nathan Jeffords blunted2night at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 08:19:45 PDT 2012

This project seems to have some ability to convert to PDB, though it looks
like the project stalled years ago...

http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald

I have done some research into the area, and the visual studio compiler
doesn't look to embed debug info directly into the object file at all,
instead a single program database for the project is updated incrementally
as each source file is compiled.

I have on occasion got the inspiration to create a DWARF debug module for
visual studio, then quickly go lost trying to get started. It looks like
google has/is attempting to go down this road according to the pages:

http://www.chromium.org/nativeclient/sdk/vsx-plugin/vsx-reference-material
http://code.google.com/p/nativeclient/wiki/NaClDebugging

though a more recent page doesn't mention visual studio:

https://developers.google.com/native-client/devguide/devcycle/debugging