[LLVMdev] Dead Store Elimination

Vinayak Borkar vborky at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 13:26:17 PDT 2012

Hi Duncan,

The mem2reg pass did not help. Moving the alloca instructions into the
entry block did the trick.

One other thing I noticed is that if there was only one alloca, the dead
store is eliminated. Having the second one (does not matter which of the
two) prevents the elimination. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Vinayak