[LLVMdev] Accessing structure members of .omp_data_i

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon Sep 3 23:21:12 PDT 2012

Hi Ashay,

> The problem is that there is no llvm.dbg.declare() or llvm.dbg.value() call that
> links the use of .omp_data_i to the debug metadata. Instead, the following
> statement is present (as I understand, to list the local variables of the function).

> I am using LLVM 3.1 with dragonegg 3.1. The file is being compiled with the
> following line:
> gcc -fplugin=dragonegg.so -flto -emit-llvm -g -S backprop.c -g -O2 -fopenmp -o
> backprop.o.bc

the debug info produced by dragonegg is poor, and it is possible that it just
isn't outputting the information you want.  The basic problem is that I don't
know anything about debug info, and that given all the other LLVM and dragonegg
things I'm working on I just don't have time to learn about it and improve
things.  It would be great if someone volunteered to work on it, but no one has
stepped forward yet.

Ciao, Duncan.