[LLVMdev] Error when trying to chain two llvm transform passes

Ashwin kumar ashwinkumar18 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:10:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to chain two transform passes.

** The first pass is a function pass which requires the 'memory dependence pass' .

** The second pass is a function pass which requires the first pass above.

The passes run fine when executed alone.

I get the following error when I try to run my second pass with the following code added

>       void getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &AU)const{
>           AU.setPreservesCFG();
>           AU.addRequired<First_Pass>();
>
>       }

Assertion failed: (PI && "Expected required passes to be initialized"), function schedulePass, file PassManager.cpp, line 597.

I register the passes using RegisterPass function call. What else should I be doing?

I appreciate your help!!

regards,
Ashwin