[LLVMdev] Predication on SIMD architectures and LLVM

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Oct 24 10:37:32 PDT 2012

On 24 October 2012 18:24,  <dag at cray.com> wrote:
> Certainly such transformations *can* be done, but is it the most
> efficient/best way to do things?  I wonder how many different passes of
> "select to predication" we will end up having, one per target.

I don't understand what's the problem with this. Different targets
have different predication rules, so they should have different
selection from IR to produce code.

If this is an IR pass, or a DAG selection step, I don't know. I'd
think it'd be the latter, though, as it's where the target-specific
code is, but there might be other IR passes that need this information
before DAG sel.

--
cheers,
--renato