[LLVMdev] Need help trying to generate mblaze code.

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:06:25 PDT 2012

Hi Bruno,

$ clang -emit-llvm -S -c test.c -o - | opt -O3 | ./llc -march=mblaze -o -

The piped command above first emits LLVM IR using clang frontend, then
optimizes IR with -O3 level, and then codegens IR using mblaze
backend.

I used the following code:

$ cat test.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
	printf("Hello, world!\n");
	return 0;
}

$ clang -emit-llvm -S -c test.c -o - | opt -O3 | ./llc -march=mblaze -o -
	.file	"<stdin>"
	.text
	.globl	main
	.align	2
	.type	main, at function
	.ent	main                    # @main
main:
	.frame	r1,4,r15
	.mask	0x8000
# BB#0:                                 # %entry
	addik     r1, r1, -4
	swi       r15, r1, 0
	ori       r5, r0, ($str)
	brlid     r15, puts
	nop
	addk      r3, r0, r0
	lwi       r15, r1, 0
	rtsd      r15, 8
	addik     r1, r1, 4
	.end	main
$tmp0:
	.size	main, ($tmp0)-main

	.type	$str, at object            # @str
	.section	.rodata.str1.1,"aMS", at progbits,1
$str:
	.asciz	 "Hello, world!"
	.size	$str, 14

Is it what you want to get?