[LLVMdev] Unable to build PBQP/Graph.h with libc++

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Sat Oct 20 13:47:00 PDT 2012

Hi, everyone. Today I was trying to build LLVM with libc++ and C++11 enabled, and I ran into this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10065384/instantiation-of-a-list-with-an-incomplete-type-in-a-typedef

Basically, PBQP/Graph.h forward-declares classes, then tries to get iterators for std::lists of those classes. This is technically undefined behavior. I tried fudging with the order of declarations for a while, but gave up after realizing there's not an easy way out.

Is anyone else building LLVMCodeGen with libc++ and C++11? Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Jordan