[LLVMdev] SimplifyCFG vs loops

Andrew Clinton andrew at sidefx.com
Thu Oct 18 10:12:03 PDT 2012

I actually submitted a patch to fix this very problem quite a while
back, but I don't think it was ever added to the baseline:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20110711/124136.html

I have also explained why it is important to avoid the creation of new
loops in an optimizer that performs analysis on the looping structure.

I now need to keep this patch updated whenever we upgrade LLVM, to
ensure that our optimizer (which is now in production) works correctly.
Would it be possible to add this patch to the head?  I have a version
that works with 3.0 but have not yet updated to 3.1 or the head.

Andrew