[LLVMdev] problem with my LLVM pass

Jun Koi junkoi2004 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 03:11:09 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Jun,
>

>>> don't use cmake?
>>>

>> you mean i should not use cmake? what is wrong here?
>

> LLVM cmake support is missing all kinds of features compared to
> configure+make
> (search for cmake bug reports in bugzilla to find these).  Your issue is
> probably just another missing feature.  So if you don't want to hack on
> cmake I
> suggest you use configure+make if possible.
>

>> cmake is still preferred as i want to compile my code with MS Visual
>> Studio on Windows, too.
>

> In order to make progress on your pass I suggest you use configure and make
> for
> the moment, and in parallel try to resolve the cmake problem yourself.

this is a smart idea, thanks!

so i moved the code to under llvm-3.1.src/lib/Transforms/, and use the
Makefile from http://www.llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html#makefile
all the compilation went flawless without any problem.

then this requires me to put my code into the LLVM source tree, and i
dont like this.
i tried to move my code and my Makefile elsewhere, and compilation failed.
so the questions are:

(1) how can i fix the Makefile, so i can compile my pass from anywhere?

(2) is it (pass compilation) possible without the LLVM source code?

thanks,
Jun