[LLVMdev] Find template types of std::map

Sebastian Dreßler dressler at zib.de
Tue Oct 16 09:28:03 PDT 2012

Sebastian Dreßler wrote
> Now the problem arises to connect %"class.std::map" to
> %"struct.std::pair" correctly. To solve this I looked at the IR and
> noticed, that the std::pair's are always defined in the reverse order of
> the definitions of std::map. So I think about using some index to find
> the correct std::pair.

I just thought again about this approach: this actually is the most
inelegant way I could come up with. The following might be better: I will
try to use the Clang library directly to convert the C++ type string, e. g.
std::string, int, ..., to a LLVM type.

However, any other suggestions are welcome. Maybe someone else already had
this sort of problem?

Best regards,
Sebastian