[LLVMdev] [Proposal] Annotated assembly output

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 12 13:07:42 PDT 2012

Hi Jim, thanks for the response. That pretty much clears up my primary
concern. +1 for keeping the C API small/stable/robust :)

Having multiple hand-implemented parsers accepting the output, I think
it would be wise to have an official "conformance suite" for the
syntax so that external implementors can sleep more soundly with their
implementation; if I were implementing a parser for it, having such a
"conformance suite" would certainly help me feel better. The syntax is
pretty simple, so the whole suite can probably fit in one file.

-- Sean Silva